I recently learned that doing a MySQL “LIKE” with multiple strings separated with ‘%’ behaves the same as multiple “LIKE” statements.
I’ve recently moved to using the terminal program alacritty, which does not natively do paging. This is not generally a problem since I can pipe results to less. $ ls dir-w-lots-of-files | less However, I found myself working in command line MySQL and I got LOTS of results but could not page back. It turns […]
Recently, I had to find instances of where specific Gravity Forms were being used. This came with multiple challenges. Challenges Searching for gravityform id=”7″ returns results for just gravityform (i.e. too many results) If the gravity form appears in post meta (rather than the primary content), it is excluded (i.e. missing results) SQL Solution Find […]
Recently I had to move a WordPress database from a site running an old version of MySQL, specifically 5.6.33, and it lead to some problems. First Problem: Unknown collation utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci #1273 – Unknown collation: ‘utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci’ This was the first error message I received when trying to import the database. It turns out this can be […]