I wanted to run the latest development version of Neovim (0.4.0) to use some of the latest features (e.g. the floating window). Unfortunately, my attempts to install it were failing. These are my notes on the problem and how I fixed it.
When using Vim sometimes I want to duplicate a file, however the default file explorer in Vim (netrw) does not handle this well. This is a Vim mapping I created to make duplicating a file easier.
When making a HubSpot API call to update a date picker field, I’m getting a response with “response code 400”, “error INVALID_DATE”, and the message includes “not midnight!”. This is why I’m getting this error and how I fixed this call.
Using Screenflow 6 with my Scarlet Solo USB connection, I end up with a recording only on the left channel. I want my recording to be on both channels (in stereo). This is how I do that.
I spend a lot of my time communicating in Bitbucket (and in GitHub) and I’ve come to love writing in markdown. Unfortunately, I’ve noticed Bitbucket changed their editing experience to use a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor instead of my beloved markdown area. This is the setting I changed to turn it back to a markdown field.
When using Vim you can find your <Leader> by using echo for the value of “mapleader”, however there are some edge cases that make this less than ideal. If “mapleader” is undefined an error is thrown instead of showing the default <Leader>. If “mapleader” is not a visible character (e.g. <Space> or <Tab>), you can not see the value. I use the following command to display <Leader> while working around these edge cases.
When using Scriptless Social Sharing, you may want to add a site wide hashtag to all of your tweets. This is the code you can use to do that.
In Mac OS X version 10.14 Mojave, when taking a screenshot a thumbnail is displayed for a few seconds before the file is created. Unfortunately I don’t want this delay. I take a lot of screenshots (using `Command` + `Shift` + `4`) and typically want to upload the image without making any changes, making this delay frustrating. This is how I removed the delay.
While working on another post, I had some very large tables and I wanted to use Bootstrap Responsive Tables by adding the .table-responsive class but only in the situation where the table is too wide. This is the code I used.
In one of the slack channels I follow, the question came up on how to set WordPress posts older than a certain date to “draft” status using with WP CLI. I was surprised by how difficult I found this task and wanted to document my solution.