I do most of my work in Vim (or Neovim) in tmux inside of iTerm on my Mac. I found my color schemes were being properly applied in Neovim but not in Vim (version 8). Adding two lines to my .vimrc corrected the problem for me.
The interactive rebase feature of Git is one of my favorites. I love being able to squash multiple commits into one commit or re-order my commits for clarity. My one complaint is the Git interactive rebase commit order is wrong (at least for the way my brain works).
I recently updated my copy of OS X to Mojave and I’m now having trouble with SSH. (I jumped a few versions but based on other posts it looks like the change to MacOS Sierra specifically was part of the problem).
The WordPress plugin repository at wordpress.org/plugins is a great resource. I often use WP CLI to install plugins on my WordPress site from there, however, sometimes I want to install other plugins with WP CLI.
When using Git, sometimes (often) I find myself forgetting to delete local branches after merging them. This command deletes this branches (and I’ve included a Git alias to make it easy to use in the future).
I was looking for a quick way to reference PHP documentation from within Vim. The PHP Manual Vim Plugin allows me to do just that.
I spend a lot of time working in issue trackers (e.g. GitHub), which involves writing a lot of markdown. Sometimes, perhaps I write too much information and it would be nice to allow the person reading to optionally skip some details. Traditionally, I accomplish this with a “Summary” section but now with collapsible sections in GitHub Issues, I can write even tidier comments.
In one of my other posts I am displaying some URLs on their own line as part of the content however the WordPress oEmbed functionality is turning these into rich HTML. I was able to suppress this by wrapping the URLs in HTML span tags.
On a WordPress project, I wanted to display the full post on the blog archive unless a manual excerpt had been created for the post (in which case I wanted to use the manual excerpt). Here is the code I used to make this happen.
On Tuesday October 9, 2018 my G Suite Catch-All Email Address stopped working. Fortunately, I noticed rather quickly and found the best way to enable it again was to “turn it off, and back on again”. I’ve made notes about exactly how I did that in case others (or future me), finds it necessary.