By default all of the WordPress database tables will start with the prefix “wp_” (e.g. wp_users, wp_posts, etc.). Because this is the default value, you’ll often hear the tables referred to (and written about) using the “wp_” prefix. Let’s look at how and why this prefix is modified.
In the WordPress database table “wp_term_taxonomy”, each row almost always has the same value for the two columns ‘term_taxonomy_id’ and ‘term_id’. What is the difference between these two columns?
When using Scriptless Social Sharing, you may want to add a site wide hashtag to all of your tweets. This is the code you can use to do that.
While working on another post, I had some very large tables and I wanted to use Bootstrap Responsive Tables by adding the .table-responsive class but only in the situation where the table is too wide. This is the code I used.
How to use grep to search for a word in a file while excluding certain directories is easy with the “–exclude-directory” option, but even when this option is not available we can still get the same results with some command line magic.
In one of the slack channels I follow, the question came up on how to set WordPress posts older than a certain date to “draft” status using with WP CLI. I was surprised by how difficult I found this task and wanted to document my solution.
You can skip the required PHP version with “–ignore-platform-reqs”. This can be helpful if you’re running composer outside of your virtual machine (and your virtual machine has the correct PHP version but your host machine does not).
Recently I was working on a site using Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) and the field input boxes had stopped working. In the browser console, I saw the error “ACF Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘id’ of undefined”.
In PHP 5.5 the DateTimeImmutable class was introduced. Immutable objects are nice in that they can not be modified, which helps reduce the likelihood I make certain types of errors. This is how to ensure the DateTime you’re working with is immutable.
The editorconfig project allows you to standardize general coding standards on a project.
I was working on a project where I needed to follow the PHP PSR-2 standard. This is the .editorconfig file I used.